The length in the crown is cut at about one inch with the layers getting steadily longer as it goes toward the front. The bangs of this style are a separate entity and not blended with the rest of the cut. They are very long – extending below eye level to about the cheek bone.
The sides are trimmed short but not cut over the ear. Longer fringe is left around the ear for softness. The back and nape area is cut short with longer fringe at the neckline.
The hair cut has extensive texturizing throughout. This helps to create the shape and to give the choppy or piecy appearance.
Styling this hair cut is fun as it can be different everyday, creating a new look in just a few minutes.
- Shampoo and condition with products appropriate for your hair texture.
- Apply a liberal amount of firm hold hair gel or styling foam.
- Dry the style using just a blow dryer and your fingers.
- Scrunch the hair in the crown for extra fullness.
- Direct the long bangs to one side, angling them across your forehead.
- You can also push the bangs back off your forehead and to the side for and open faced look.
- For a flirty feeling, dry the bangs forward so that your eyes peek through the openings caused by the texturizing.
- The sides can be tucked behind your ears or brought forward for spiky fringe.
- When your hair is completely dry, scrunch in hair wax or hair cream to separate the layers and to show the texturizing.
- Apply the firm hold hair gel or styling foam and, using your fingers, comb your hair into the desired style.
- Let your hair dry naturally, scrunching it occasionally.
- When it is dry, apply hair wax or hair cream for more texture.
- Use a flat iron to smooth the bangs.
- After shampoo, conditioner and styling products.
- Use a comb to sleek the bangs over to the side, keeping them smooth and flat.
- Tuck the sides behind your ears.
- Scrunch the crown to create fullness.
The very natural looking hair color shown in the picture is medium brown with light sandy brown highlights. The highlights are heaviest in the bangs and top. The sides and the back are left without highlights.
To change this hair color into a ‘cutting-edge’ feeling, change the medium brown to medium auburn and highlight with either extra light auburn or extra light natural blonde.