Making a bead wax candle is a fun and easy introduction into the art of candle making. As a matter of fact it was one of the first candle making projects that I ever attempted. You can find all of the supplies at your local craft store for a minimal price. Choose to be as creative as you want to be there are no limits. Using bead wax will allow you to make a candle in a variety of containers. Always make sure that your container is heat resistant.
Let's start with the list of supplies:
Bead wax: Use color/colors of your choice. Don't be afraid to mix colors or
or layer colors.
Container: Heat resistant glass. (Seashells, geodes or tins)
Primed wick: pre-tabbed, wire core.
1. Prepare your work space by covering counter area with old newspaper.
2. Cut wick to proper length. (Refer to Wicks in Subject section)
3. Place your wick sticker to the bottom of your wick tab and into bottom
center of your container.
4. Spoon your bead wax into container until you've reached the desired level.
Make sure wick remains centered.
5. Trim top of wick to approximately 1/4".
Place your new candle in a secure area where it won't be tipped over, light and enjoy.