Ok, so the name is a little warped but I was making my "power breakfast" and thought some of you may enjoy it. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It just makes sense that after 7-9 hours of sleep (starvation) to fuel your body with something sustaining for the day ahead. This is one of my favorite breakfasts (which I've been know to have at supper too) I have at least once a week. Hope you will give it a try. Enjoy!
* 3/4 to a cup of cooked oatmeal (quick oats)
* 1 - 2 small McIntosh apples
* 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
* pinch of nutmeg
* a sprinkle of sliced almonds or walnuts
* a sprinkle of coconut
* a small box of raisins
* brown sugar
1. While water is boiling for oatmeal get a deep dish soup bowl.
2. Peel and chop up apple into bottom of bowl.
3. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir it around.
4. Sprinkle with almonds (1 tbsp or less).
5. Sprinkle with coconut (tsp at most).
6. Sprinkle with 1/2 tbsp of brown sugar.
7. Finish cooking oatmeal and spoon onto above ingredients. Don't stir.
8. Sprinkle oatmeal with 1/2 tbsp of brown sugar.
9. Pour on milk and eat your breakfast. Yum.
This is a hearty breakfast that should immediately satisfy your morning appetite and give you the energy you need to start your day. It's also a nice change from the everyday we get trapped in. I alternate between the almonds and walnuts depending what leftovers I have on hand. Enjoy your Power Breakfast morning.
More recipes from Moe:
* Let Them Eat Cake
* Mango Sherbet
* Moe's Mocha Refresher
Great Cooking Ideas from Amazon.com
M. E. Wood lives in Eastern Ontario, Canada. If you are going to find this eclectic reader and writer anywhere it is probably at her computer. For more information visit her official website.