The Night is ruled by the moon and the Triple Goddess:
- Starting at sunset and lasting until the hour before midnight, the Maiden holds sway. Call upon her for help in fulfilling your own potential, inspiration for creativity, finding hope, remaining true to yourself, and drawing vitality from your surroundings.
- During the hour before, the moment of, and the hour following midnight, the Mother rules. It is the most magically potent time of the nighttime cycle. Call upon her for help with family matters, self-healing and healing others, leadership, creating harmony within the community, and parent-child interactions.
- Starting just past the Mother's cycle and lasting until dawn is the time of the Crone. Call upon her for protection, vengeance (if you are not Wiccan), divination, and wisdom. She will show you how to face Death without fear.
The Day is ruled by the sun and the Triple God:
- Starting at dawn and lasting until the hour before noon, the Youth holds court. Call upon him for help in friendly competition, when having to prove yourself, when you need courage, and for prevailing in battle.
- During the hour before, the moment of, and the hour following noon, the Father reigns. It is the most magically potent time of the daytime cycle. Call upon him for leadership, the ability to feel compassion and to forgive, the ability to put others' needs ahead of your own, and the ability to inspire others to trust you and follow you.
- Starting just past the Father's cycle and lasting until sunset is the time of the Elder. Look to him for protection, vengeance (if you are not Wiccan), divination, and wisdom. He will show you how to face the darkest places inside yourself without fear.
Think about what part of the twenty-four hour day you like the most and why. Consider what part you like the least and why. You may be motivated by anything from habit to circadian rhythms to emotional impressions such as that the early morning feels peaceful. Your answers may give you insights on why you feel closer to one aspect of the God and Goddess and more distant from another. Remember to write your impressions down in your Book of Mirrors.
Stay current with the free, weekly Wicca site newsletter.