This is a great dessert to help celebrate Easter Sunday. Cadbury Caramel Eggs
are baked right into the cupcakes. Kids love surprises and will enjoy the
hidden egg inside each cupcake. You do not need to be a kid to savor these
Cadbury Caramel Egg cupcakes. Who doesn’t love caramel oozing from between
chocolate? If you prefer the original Cadbury Crème Eggs you can simply replace
them with the caramel eggs. Another option is to bake half with the crème eggs
and half with the caramel eggs. Best of all, this is an easy and quick dessert
to bake. A few ingredients can be whipped up quickly for a last minute dessert.
Bake this dessert after the holiday if you are left with too many chocolate
Cadbury Caramel Egg Cupcake Recipe
Makes 18-20 cupcakes
1 box of chocolate cake mix
1 package of chocolate pudding
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup water
18-20 Cadbury Caramel Eggs or Cadbury Crème Eggs (1 Cadbury Egg per cupcake)
1 container of prepared vanilla frosting
1 (8 oz.) tub of Cool Whip or whipped topping
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners and set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, eggs, and water.
4. Beat with an electric mixer for about 2 minutes or until just combined.
5. Spoon the batter into the cupcake liner; fill about 1/4 of the way.
6. Place an unwrapped Cadbury Egg on top of the 1/4 filled cupcake batter.
7. Spoon additional batter over the egg until just covered or 2/3 of the way full.
8. Bake for about 18 minutes.
9. Allow the cupcakes to cool before frosting.
10. In a large mixing bowl add the entire tub of vanilla frosting and stir to soften.
11. Fold in the Cool Whip or whipped topping.
12. Frost the cupcakes and be generous, there will be plenty of frosting.
Enjoy and sweeten the soul with chocolate!