Kids love games such as Mr. Potato Head and Hot Potato.
Hopefully, they’ll love these potato recipes as well!
Cheesy Potato Soup Recipe
There’s something so comforting about a warm cup of soup no matter how young or old you are! This soup is easy to prepare, and easy on the budget as well. It’s also freezer friendly, so you may want to double the recipe and then freeze a batch of soup for another time.
Serve with your favorite sandwich, salad, or simply enjoy it alone!
• 10-12 Yukon gold potatoes
• 2 cups of milk
• 4 cups of chicken broth
• 5 slices of bacon or turkey bacon (optional), cooked and crumbled
• 1 to 1 ˝ cups of shredded cheddar cheese
1. Wash the potatoes and slice into fourths.
2. Pour the chicken broth in a large pot.
3. Place potatoes in the chicken broth, and cook on medium low for
fifteen minutes, or until potatoes are soft.
4. Add the cheese and stir well.
5. Pour the milk and heat on low for ten minutes.
6. Top with crumbled bacon pieces.
Grilled Chicken Baked Potato
This recipe is perfect for an after school snack. If you’re serving it for dinner, add a salad and some fruit to round out the meal.
• Baking potatoes (1 per person)
• Cooked chicken breast, cubed
• Your favorite shredded cheese
• Sour Cream
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Wrap potatoes in tin foil and bake for forty to forty five minutes (or
cook them in your microwave, minus the tin foil).
3. Top with chicken, cheese, salsa, and a tablespoon of sour cream.
Tomato Potato Bake Recipe
This recipe is a great way to use up leftover potatoes.
• Leftover potatoes, sliced
• 1 can of diced tomatoes, or two large tomatoes, chopped finely.
• 1 large onion, diced
• Olive oil
• Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
1. Spray a casserole dish with a non stick cooking spray.
2. Place a layer of potato slices on the bottom of the dish.
3. Spread a layer of onions over the potatoes.
4. Top with sliced or diced tomatoes.
5. Drizzle some olive oil across the tomatoes.
6. Bake for thirty minutes, or until potatoes are cooked through.
Cheese Fries Recipe :
Who doesn’t love a serving of cheese fries? Since these are baked, and not fried, there’s even more to love about this recipe!
• Leftover potatoes
• Your favorite shredded cheese or cheese blend
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Wash the potatoes and slice into thin (or thick, if desired) slices.
3. Bake for thirty minutes or until they reach the desired crispiness.
4. Top with cheese for the last five minutes of baking.