Starting with the basics, it takes product to build body in your hair.
- Shampoo and condition your hair with volumizing shampoo and conditioner. Rinse very well so there is nothing to weigh down the hair.
- Use firm-hold styling foam or glaze, depending on your hair texture.
- Blow your hair dry for lots of body and fullness.
- Wet set – rollers are set into damp hair and removed when the hair is dry. This gives more curl to hair that does not curl easily and makes it last longer.
- Hot rollers – These are set into dry hair. They give body and soft curl.
- After each set, remove the rollers carefully and loosen the curls with your fingers. If your hair holds the curl well and you want a style of smooth waves, use a hair brush to relax the curl.
Back-combing or teasing:
- Use back-combing for fullness and control in the crown or all over. For tips, click here: Back-combing, Teasing and Ratting
Wavy hair with a curling iron:
If your hair is full enough for you but straight, you can put big waves in with a curling iron.
- Spray large pieces of hair from the root to the ends with a flexible hold hair spray
- Take each section of hair and curl it from about mid-shaft down to the ends.
- Put each piece aside until all of your hair is curled.
- Flip your head upside down and run your fingers through your hair.
- Flip it back up and use your fingers to tame and finish your style.
Ceramic Curling Iron
EBook - Updos for Every Occassion
Updos for parties, proms, weddings or the office. Follow these simple instructions to begin creating them yourself!