What child doesn’t love dessert? This frozen strawberry chocolate pie is as much fun to make as it is to eat!
• Strawberry or Strawberry Banana Frozen Yogurt
• 1 cup of Chocolate Syrup
• 5 strawberries, diced
• 1 package of chocolate graham crackers, crushed
• Cool whip or whip cream (optional)
• 5 whole strawberries
1. Place the chocolate graham crackers in a plastic bag and seal.
2. Using a rolling pin, gently roll it back and forth over the bag. Or, if you have kids eager to help, have them crush the graham crackers into fine
3. Place the crumbs in a pie dish.
4. Scoop enough ice cream over the crumbs, and gently press down with the back of a spoon. It doesn’t need to look perfect, just as long as it’s spread over all of the crumbs.
5. Mix the chocolate sauce with the finely chopped strawberries.
6. Pour over the ice cream.
7. Place in the freezer for one hour.
8. Remove ten to fifteen minutes before serving, and garnish with fresh strawberries along the edges.
9. If desired, top with some whip cream.
• A pre-made chocolate graham cracker crust can be substituted for the
graham cracker crumbs. However, the edges of the crust will break apart as you spread out the layer of ice cream.
• Another way to make this is to follow steps one through four above. Place in the freezer. Heat the chocolate sauce over the stove top until warm. Stir in strawberries. Remove the ice cream pie from the freezer, and pour chocolate sauce over the ice cream.
• If your kids like bananas, chop a few of them into small pieces. Add to the chocolate sauce and strawberries.
• This recipe calls for fat free frozen yogurt. However, any type of your favorite ice cream or frozen yogurt will be fine.
• As you look at different chocolate sauces, carefully review the ingredient labels. While I won’t go so far as to call this recipe super healthy, I did choose a chocolate sauce that was fat free and low calorie.
Do you have a favorite dessert that you and your kids love making together? If so, come on over and share it with us on the Cooking for Kids forum!