* Bird Flu is a contagious disease, that is spread in the same manner as regular flu, by respiratory droplets.
* The fate of bird flu is unknown at this time, but scientists predict that this type of flu will arrive in the near future.
* There is no need to panic of stock pile antibiotics. The best defense is to educate yourself and your family about this type of flu and have a proactive plan of action ready to help eliminate the flu virus if the need arrives.
* The virus is mainly transmitted to humans who have eaten or been in contact with birds infected with the virus. There are also rare cases of the virus being transmitted from infected humans to other humans, but only after long periods of close contact.
* Be aware that airplanes and other contained spaces spread the flu virus due to the shared oxygen content.
* Masks are helpful to prevent the spread of flu.
* Use basic common sense when it comes to preventative hygiene. For example, cover your mouth when you cough and wash your hands often to prevent the spread of disease.
* Be comforted in the fact that the technology we have in this day and age, is effective for detecting and preventing disease more than any other time in history. Dedicated scientists and health agencies from all over the world are presently working hard to solve the bird flu problem.
* Visit Panademicflu.gov for more information on how you can protect your family from bird flu.