This is a perfect Summer recipe. Take it for picnics or as a refreshing dessert after a light dinner like salad.
Lemon Raspberry Bars ( Sugar-Free)
* 3/4 cup SPLENDA Granular
* 3/4 cup flour
* 1/4 cup light butter
* Pinch of Salt
*1/4 tsp cinnamon
* 2 tablespoons flour
* 1 1/4 cups SPLENDA Granular
* 1/2 cup egg substitute
* 1/2 cup half and half
* 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
* 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon peel
* 1/4 cup Reduced sugar raspberry preserves
* 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 x 8 inch pan generously with
butter flavored nonstick spray. Set aside.
2.Crust:Mix together flour, SPLENDA Granular, salt and cinnamon in a medium sized mixing bowl. Cut in light butter until the mixture is crumbly, similar to a streusel topping. Do not over mix. Press dough into prepared baking pan. Bake in preheated oven 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
3. Filling: Mix SPLENDA Granular and flour in a medium sized mixing bowl. Stir
well. Add egg substitute and half and half. Stir until blended. Slowly add
lemon juice while stirring constantly. Add lemon peel.
4. Stir raspberry preserves until they loosen u then spread evenly over
5. Gently pour lemon mixture over preserves. Bake in preheated oven
20-25 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and allow to cool before placing in
6. Chill in refrigerator 2 hours before serving.
7.Top with fresh raspberries right before serving.
"Hope is seldom found in the things we can see;
it is the sweet fragrance of grace."