1 16 oz. can jumbo refrigerator biscuits (such as Grands)
1 8 oz. package cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 20 oz. can cherry pie filling
1 beaten egg
2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Open the biscuits and roll each to a circle 6" in diameter. This is easiest done on a lightly floured pastry cloth or board
- Mix the cream cheese, sugar, egg, and almond extract until smooth.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture between the circles, spooning it in the middle.
- Top the mixture with cherry pie filling.
- Brush the outside edges of the dough with the beaten egg and bring the edges to the center, pressing so that they stick.
- Place each of the bundles on a parchment-lined baking sheet or one sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Brush with additional egg; sprinkle with the sliced almonds and cinnamon sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Let the pastries sit on the sheet at least 5 minutes before removing them to cooling racks.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 490 Calories from Fat 215
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 44% Protein 7% Carb. 49%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 24 g
Saturated Fat 14 g
Cholesterol 88 mg
Sodium 555 mg
Total Carbohydrate 61 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 8 g
Protein 8 g
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 12%