This delicious pudding starts with Mom's Brownie Mix , an easily made mix that can be made ahead and stored for several months at room temperature. Chocolate pudding mix and semi-sweet chocolate chips are also added and make this dessert extra rich - perfect for the chocoholic. Either sweetened whipped cream or highest quality vanilla ice cream are a must.
Slow Cooker Triple Chocolate Brownie Pudding
2 1/2 cups Mom's Brownie Mix
1 2 1/2 - 3 oz. package instant chocolate pudding mix
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons softened butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
3/4 cup hottest tap water
Sweetened whipped cream, or vanilla ice cream.
- Spray the inside of a medium (3-4 quart) slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Mix the brownie mix, pudding mix, chocolate chips, eggs, and butter.
- Spread the mixture in the prepared crock.
- Mix the brown sugar and cocoa in a large microwaveable container.
- Stir in the water.
- Microwave 1 minute; stir, then microwave until boiling.
- Pour the boiling mixture over the brownie mixture in the slow cooker; do not stir.
- Cover the slow cooker and set it on high.
- Let the pudding cook 1 1/2 hours.
- Turn the heat off and let sit 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 457 Calories from Fat 195
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 43% Protein 4% Carb. 53%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 22 g
Saturated Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 70 mg
Sodium 313 mg
Total Carbohydrate 61 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 6%