If you have a tablespoon-size scoop (available at department stores, discount stores, restaurant supplies, and on-line), these cookies are especially easy, and the cookies come out uniform in size. They take only a minute or two to bake, so kids can taste in less time than having to wait for a cookie sheet full of cookies in the oven.
About 4 dozen 2 1/2 cookies
1 1/3 cups sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup butter (for brushing the waffle iron)
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
3 tablespoons butter
- Heat a waffle iron to the medium setting. >
- Cream the sugar and shortening in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs and beat until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the pumpkin and vanilla; mix well.
- Add the flour, salt, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Turn the mixer to low and mix, scraping the sides at least once.
- Fold in the walnuts.
- Brush a little butter on the hot surfaces of the waffle iron. Using a tablespoon-size scoop, scoop a balls of dough onto each section of the waffle iron.
- Shut the lid and let the cookies bake until lightly browned, 1-2 minutes.
- When the cookies are done, use a knife to transfer them to cooling racks.
- Repeat, using the remaining dough.
- Whisk together the glaze ingredients until smooth and brush glaze on the cooled cookies.
- Once the glaze dries, store in an airtight container with waxed paper or parchment between the layers.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 106 Calories from Fat 43
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 41% Protein 5% Carb. 55%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 13 mg
Sodium 80 mg
Total Carbohydrate 18 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 6 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 24% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Purchase an Oxo Good Grips Cookie Scoop from Amazon.