Printer Friendly Version
Hot Fudge Sundae Recipe
Hot fudge sundaes are the ultimate indulgence. Vanilla ice cream as the base is perfection with thick, hot fudge oozing over it. Buy your favorite ice cream or enjoy the creamy goodness of homemade with the help of an ice cream maker. Homemade ice cream is free of any preservatives and you can control your ingredients.
If you are feeling in a sharing mood, have an ice cream party. Scoop vanilla ice cream and hot fudge for everyone and then provide them with an ice cream bar, allowing guests to choose their own toppings. The choices can be nuts, sprinkles, M&Mís, Heath Toffee Bits, and crushed Oreos. Replace boring old birthday cake with an ice cream bar when hosting your next party.
Is the party adult only? Add sophistication with gourmet candy toppings or fruit. Any liqueur will dress up the hot fudge sauce. Irish cream, coffee liqueur or an orange flavor will keep things interesting.
Hot Fudge Sundae Recipe:
Vanilla ice cream (see recipe below)
Hot fudge sauce (see recipe below)
1 can of whipped cream
1. Scoop the ice cream into sundae bowls.
2. Pour hot fudge sauce over the ice cream.
3. Garnish with whipped cream and a cherry.
Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
(makes 1 1/2 quarts)
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup milk
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
1. Beat the milk and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Add the heavy whipping cream and vanilla and beat for 2 minutes.
3. Pour into the ice cream maker and follow your ice cream makerís instructions.
Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe
(makes a little over a cup)
6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips (1/2 of a standard size bag of most chocolate chips).
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1. Melt the chocolate chips and evaporated milk in a sauce pan over low heat.
2. Stir constantly until melted.
3. Allow it to stand for 2 minutes before pouring over ice cream.
4. Leftovers need to be refrigerated.
Enjoy and sweeten the soul with chocolate!
Chocolate Site @ BellaOnline
View This Article in Regular Layout
Content copyright © 2013 by Michelle Matile. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Michelle Matile. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Brandii Lacey for details.