1lb thin cut pork chops
2 ˝ tsp garlic salt
2 ˝ tsp ground ginger
5 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp soy sauce
˝ cup water
8 oz pkg Uncle Bens Microwavable Original Long Grain Rice (This rice is already precooked in the package)
12 oz pre cut broccoli or Eat Smart Stir Fry Veggies
- Cut all fat off of the pork chops and then cut each one into long thin strips.
- Lay strips on a cutting board or plate and sprinkle them with 1tsp of garlic salt and 1tsp of ground ginger, then toss lightly. Let them marinate while the rice is being made.
- Begin rice by heating 2 tbsp of oil on high in a medium non-stick pot. Then add the unheated microwavable rice and stir for 2 min. Keep in mind that this rice is already cooked in the package. If you can not find this rice then simply cook 8oz of rice according to the instructions on the package and then add it to this recipe.
- Add 3tbsp soy, 1tsp ginger, and 1tsp garlic salt. Stir continuously on high for 6 min. then set aside.
- In a large non-stick pot or wok, heat 1tbsp of oil. Add pork and cook uncovered on high, stirring occasionally for about 8 minutes or until browned. Place the pork in a heat resistant bowl and set aside.
- Do not rinse out the pot that the pork was cooked in. The drippings from the pork will add flavor and make everything even more delicious!
- In this pot stir together 2 tbsp oil and the broccoli or veggies to coat.
- Add ˝ tsp ginger, ˝ tsp garlic salt and ˝ cup of water. Cover and cook on high, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed. Add the already cooked pork and stir for 2 more minutes.
- Reheat rice on high for about 2 minutes.
- Serve the pork and veggies over rice and Enjoy!
This recipe makes 2 generous servings. Whenever I make it, I always have leftovers for my wonderful fiancé’s lunch!