Workers living in the underground facility called “The Hive” are suddenly trapped when a deadly virus is released. With the facility’s super computer controlling the area, it’s up to a small military team to infiltrate “The Hive” and shut it down. Along the way, they find Alice, one of the security operatives for the corporation who is suffering from memory loss, as well as Matt, whose sister was in the facility. But getting in and out of “The Hive” isn’t going to be an easy task. Not only do they have to work through “computer problems” there’s also the fact that the workers inside “The Hive” have been turned into flesh eating zombies. Here are some movie mistakes to look for while you’re watching “Resident Evil”.
· At the very beginning of the movie, the robot arms are putting glass vials in the case with the gun. In the overhead view, the robot arm puts a vial in the middle slot in the row directly under the gun. The space to the right is empty. It cuts to a closer view of the same scene and then it shows the box being closed and the spot that was previously empty now has a vial in it.
· Alice wakes up in the shower with the shower curtain partly around her. The other part of the curtain goes over the bathtub and covers part of the first row of black squares on the floor. It cuts to an overhead view and the curtain is now pulled further onto the floor. (It’s on some of the squares on the second row.)
· The group stops outside of the labs that are filled with water. When the group leader, One, tells Kaplan to “find us an alternate route”, another one of the team members walks off after Rain. At that moment there’s a full view of the group and Spence’s mouth moves but nothing is heard until it cuts to a close-up of him and he says the same thing again, “What happened here?”.
· Spence asks Alice if she’s OK and gives her his jacket. She pulls her hair behind her right ear. When Alice touches him, her hair is back in its original position. It’s back behind her ear a couple seconds later when she says she doesn’t remember anything.
· Matt finds Lisa’s desk. During the scene, Matt picks up three separate pieces of paper. The middle one is a page with a black and white graph on it. He sets this one down and is only holding the one that’s been in his right hand. When Lisa comes in and Matt turns around, he’s suddenly holding the page with the graph that he just put down.
“Resident Evil” (2002) stars Milla Jovovich, Michelle Rodriguez, Eric Mabius, James Purefoy, Martin Crewes and Colin Salmon. It runs 100 minutes and is rated R for strong sci-fi/horror violence, language and sexuality/nudity.
Be sure to get your Must See Movie Mistakes Ebook!
Get your copy of "Resident Evil" here: