How to lose weight naturally can be very confusing. Some say just exercise, some say low carb, some say high carb, some say just eat less and others say eat whatever you feel like eating.
Wow! No wonder you're confused. But healthy weight loss is not complicated.
You can lose weight naturally, get fit and look and feel great just by following these seven simple natural laws of super healthy weight loss. How to lose weight naturally is not rocket science. It just takes knowing what to do and good old-fashioned stick-to-itiveness.
Seven Laws for How to Lose Weight Naturally
1. Make a commitment to do whatever it takes. You not only need to know what to do, you also have to manage yourself in such a way that you do it. If you already knew exactly how to get yourself to lose weight and keep it off, you'd be at your perfect weight right now. Without 100% commitment to do what it takes, your goal has no staying power.
2. Start from a foundation of happiness. Most people think losing weight will make them happy. But happiness is a mental state that can only be created right now – at any given moment. And nobody wins at any challenge if they're unhappy. So be happy. Accept yourself and your current circumstances and be enthusiastic about the future you're creating.
3. Design your own healthy diet plan. Natural doesn't mean spontaneous. As a matter of fact, spontaneous gratification is what gets most of us into trouble. Just like managing your time and money, weight management takes planning, organization and a food calorie chart. To burn more calories than you consume, based on your lifestyle, how will you handle the details?
4. Manage your emotions. Emotional eating is the major reason for failure. We've learned to use sweets, fatty foods and overeating for entertainment, celebration and to sooth and stuff down unpleasant emotions. Come up with a list of other things you enjoy (besides eating) and begin exchanging old bad habits for healthy new ways of enjoyment and soothing yourself.
5. Find a way to exercise daily. Physical activity is healthy and burns calories. It doesn't have to be complicated or extreme. It just has to happen. Decide what kind of physical activity would be best for you and work it out with your schedule. There are great exercise videos, walking paths and a variety of gyms everywhere. Choose a time and method and make it a regular habit.
6. Keep a Journal. If you can't measure it, you can't manage it. Studies show the great majority of people who lose weight and keep it off are very aware of what they eat and the calories they consume. Many keep a weight loss journal. Research shows those who guess at the amounts, without writing them down (at least in the beginning), grossly underestimate their calories.
7. Be persistent. Nothing gets accomplished without persistence. Persistence is the only common denominator of all successful people. The story goes that Thomas Edison had 999 failures before he finally invented the light bulb. If you've tried to lose weight and failed 999 times, learn from your mistakes and do it better next time. The only way to succeed is to persist.
Be sure to check out my free Natural Health Newsletter.
Click here for the Site Map.
Articles you might also enjoy:
Fish Oil and Weight Loss Research
The Glycemic Diet of Low Glycemic Foods
All Natural Health Supplements for Humans
High Fiber Food Chart Ranking Fiber Sources
The #1 Best Way to Lose - Weight Loss Journal
To subscribe to the Nutrition Newsletter, just enter your email address in the subscribe box at the bottom of this page.
© Copyright Moss Greene. All Rights Reserved.
Note: The information contained on this website is not intended to be prescriptive. Any attempt to diagnose or treat an illness should come under the direction of a physician who is familiar with nutritional therapy.