- God loves those who are poor in spirit. This means they are humble, not prideful. They consciously depend on God and not on their own abilities.
Their gift from God: They will receive the kingdom of Heaven.
- God loves those who mourn. They are those that recognize their needs and present them to the One who is able to help them.
Their gift from God: They will be comforted. 2 Corinthians 1:4 says that He is the God of all comfort who comforts us in our troubles.
- God loves those who are meek. The meek are those who are truly humble and gentle, giving up their own rights to serve others.
Their gift from God: They will inherit the earth. Revelation 21:1 talks about a new heaven and new earth for the first heaven and first earth had passed away. Psalm 37:11 says that the meek will inherit the land and enjoy great peace.
- God loves those who hunger and thirst for righteousness. They pursue what is right instead of pursuing personal gain.
Their gift from God: They will be satisfied.
- God loves those who are merciful. They may have great power but they are kind and compassionate to those who are subject to them.
Their gift from God: They will be shown mercy. God, who has the power of life and death over each of us will show them mercy.
- God loves those who are pure in heart. They are inwardly cleansed from sin through faith in Godís provision. They admit that they are sinful and accept Jesusí payment for that sin.
Their gift from God: They will see God.
- God loves those who are peacemakers. They show others the inward peace that God gives. Romans 12:18 says that if it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.
Their gift from God: They will be called sons of God.
- God loves those who are persecuted because of righteousness. They hold fast to the faith when their convictions are challenged. People with the qualities that God loves, naturally stand out in a crowd and will often be challenged to give in to temptation or to change their beliefs to blend with secular ideas.
Their gift from God: Theirs is the kingdom of Heaven.
You may have noticed that all of these are inner qualities and they donít come easily or naturally. In fact, they are impossible to attain without Godís help but they will come when we have a right relationship with Him. The qualities are gifts. We receive greater gifts because of them. We are truly blessed!
| || |