For variety, substitute dried cherries or blueberries for the cranberries, or use walnuts instead of the pecans. While most fudge lovers prefer a rich chocolate flavor, this fudge can also be made lighter and less rich by using milk chocolate chips and milk chocolate frosting. If a microwave oven isn’t available, the ingredients can be melted and combined in a small saucepan on top of the stove over low heat, stirring constantly.
About 48 pieces
1 16 oz. can Chocolate frosting
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup dried cranberries
2/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Butter a 9 x 9" square pan or spray with non-stick spray; alternately, spray small silicone Christmas candy molds.
- Place the chocolate frosting and the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave 2 minutes; stir until the chocolate chips are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the cranberries and nuts.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan or spoon into the small molds.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm
- When firm, cut into small squares or pop the candy from the silicone molds (the small shapes can be decorated with frosting if there’s time).
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 100 Calories from Fat 47
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 47% Protein 2% Carb. 51%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 5 g 8%
Saturated Fat 2 g 10%
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 23 mg 1%
Total Carbohydrate 13 g 4%
Dietary Fiber 0 g 1%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%