Sweet Party Mix is quick and easy: just mix cereals, coconut, and nuts; pour a three-ingredient syrup over, and stir. It takes only about 15 minutes to prepare and makes enough for a large party or gathering.
Although this easy dessert/snack can be made ahead and keeps well, it must be stored in a dry place in a container that isnít completely sealed, since it will go sticky if itís in an airtight container. If thereís a party planned, storage wonít be a problem, since there will be few, if any, leftovers. The recipe makes a large amount, so there will also be plenty to give away.
40 1-cup servings (10 quarts)
1 16 oz. package Golden Grahams cereal
1 16 oz. package Corn Chex cereal
14 ounces flaked coconut
1 pound sliced almonds
1 1/2 cups butter
2 cups light corn syrup
2 cups sugar
- In a very large bowl or dishpan, mix the cereals, coconut, and almonds.
- Place the butter, corn syrup, and sugar in a large saucepan. Cover the pan and bring the mixture to a boil; uncover and boil 1 minute stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over the cereal mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Spread onto a parchment covered baking sheets to dry, stirring occasionally.
- Store in a container that is not sealed (or it will go sticky).
Amount Per Serving
Calories 361 Calories from Fat 149
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 41% Protein 5% Carb. 54%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 17 g
Saturated Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 19 mg
Sodium 329 mg
Total Carbohydrate 49 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 10 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 16% Vitamin C 20% Calcium 0% Iron 21%