Frosting cupcakes with Fluffy White Frosting is especially easy, since they can be dipped in the frosting and swirled; no knife needed. It’s important to make the frosting just before it’s needed because it sets up quickly.
16 Servings; enough for a 2-3 layer cake, a 9 x 13” cake, or 24 cupcakes
2 cups sugar
2/3 cup water
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/8 teaspoon salt
4 unbeaten egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine the sugar, water, cream of tartar and salt in a saucepan.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Uncover and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Meanwhile, place the egg whites in the mixing bowl of an electric mixer.
- Beat at high speed until soft peaks form.
- Slowly pour the sugar mixture into the egg whites while the mixer is running.
- Continue beating until the mixture has cooled and is light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes.
- Add the vanilla
- Frost the cake immediately since the frosting sets up quickly.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 104 Calories from Fat 0
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 0% Protein 3% Carb. 97%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 0 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 39 mg
Total Carbohydrate 25 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 25 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 0%