Celebrate Amelia Earhart Day with this great collection of quotations...
Amelia Earhart (July 24, 1898 - July 2, 1937) ~ American aviator and first woman to fly across the Atlantic.
- "Adventure is worthwhile in itself."
- "Better do a good deed near at home than go far away to burn incense."
- "Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace."
- "Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace. The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things; knows not the livid loneliness of fear."
- "Flying might not be all plain sailing, but the fun of it is worth the price."
- "I want to do it because I want to do it."
- "In soloing - as in other activities - it is far easier to start something than it is to finish it."
- "Never do things others can do and will do if there are things others cannot do or will not do."
- "Never interrupt someone doing what you said couldn't be done."
- "No kind action ever stops with itself. One kind action leads to another. Good example is followed. A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees. The greatest work that kindness does to others is that it makes them kind themselves."
- "Obviously I faced the possibility of not returning when first I considered going. Once faced and settled there really wasn't any good reason to refer to it."
- "Please know that I am aware of the hazards. I want to do it because I want to do it. Women must try to do things as men have tried. When they fail, their failure must be a challenge to others."
- "The more one does and sees and feels, the more one is able to do, and the more genuine may be one's appreciation of fundamental things like home, and love, and understanding companionship."
- "The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure , the process is its own reward."
- "The most effective way to do it, is to do it."
- "The woman who can create her own job is the woman who will win fame and fortune."
- "There are two kinds of stones, as everyone knows, one of which rolls."
- "There is so much that must be done in a civilized barbarism like war."
- "Women must pay for everything. They do get more glory than men for comparable feats, but, they also get more notoriety when they crash."
- "Women must try to do things as men have tried. When they fail their failure must be but a challenge to others."
|Amelia Earhart in Flight, Oakland to ...|
Free Living Will