Choosing a custom paint shop to dress up your motorcycle can be confusing and challenging. One frequently asked question is, "How do I choose a good custom paint shop? There are so many to choose from!"
Listed below are steps for helping to choose a custom paint shop for your ride.
1. Be information hungry. With the Internet at your disposal, the sky is the limit in obtaining information. Search for custom paint jobs and read up on what the experts have to say. Don't forget to read the customer reviews, blogs, and chat threads as well. Asking your biker buddies and mechanic friends can also give you leads. There are several books available that can help you understand the custom paint process, the different finishes, and how well they perform. Because custom paint jobs typically have large variances in price, the more information you have, the better equipped you are to make a decision.
2. Make sure you choose a paint shop that specifically deals with motorcycles. Just because motorcycles are recognized as automotive doesn't mean they have the same paint needs as automobiles. Motorcycles have smaller parts and not as much space to frame your design, so you want a painter that has experience and can envision your design.
3. Visit the possible paint shops and ask to see a portfolio of their work. All good paint shops and artists should have this on hand. Some shops will have models of their work to illustrate their painting techniques, artistry, and finishes. The shop may also have the contact information of satisfied customers that you can check with. Ask lots of questions from each shop about the products they use, why they use those products, and the benefits or guarantees of their work.
4. Have a clear vision of your design when you talk to the artists. By having a clear vision, you have a better idea if the artist's style will work with your vision. For example, some artists like long and flowing lines, while others like bolder and shorter lines. You will also have a better chance of obtaining comparable price quotes based on similar work, apple to apples. You can visit several quality custom paint shops on the Internet by clicking on the Bella Motorcycles site link listed below to get ideas for custom look designs.
5. Don't allow price to be the primary focus of your choice. Reputation, warranties, unique artistry, knowledge, customer satisfaction, and your comfort level with your choice all play a factor in choosing.
Remember that information is knowledge. Paint jobs take time, are not inexpensive, and last for a while, so make sure you do your homework in choosing a paint shop, artist, and design.
To learn more about the Custom Motorcycle Painting Process read the book, "How to Custom Paint Your Motorcycle: by JoAnn Bortles, available at Amazon from the link below. Don't forget to browse quality custom paint shops online by clicking on the Bella Motorcycle Paint Jobs link.
Until next week, ride free and safe.