Bar cookies are the fastest cookies to make, since the dough is simply spread out onto a jelly-roll pan and baked. These cookies have a thin layer of peanut butter spread on the top as soon as they come out of the oven; it soaks into the baked bars, adding to the moistness. When they’re cool, chocolate frosting is spread over the top. Canned chocolate frosting is a real timesaver, and it actually tastes good. It’s okay, however, to spread them with homemade chocolate frosting if so inclined.
3/4 cup butter
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups oats
1/3 to 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 16 oz. can Chocolate frosting or 2 cups homemade chocolate frosting
- Cream the butter with the brown sugar and peanut butter.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pat evenly onto a parchment lined jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 350° 15-20 minutes or until set.
- While warm, spread with a thin layer of peanut butter.
- Cool thoroughly, then frost with Chocolate frosting.
- Cut into bars.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 143 Calories from Fat 71
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 50% Protein 7% Carb. 43%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 17 mg
Sodium 93 mg
Total Carbohydrate 15 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 5 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%