1.5 lb boneless beef shoulder
¼ tsp meat tenderizer
¼ tsp garlic salt
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 egg white
½ tsp stir fry oil
12 oz bag of frozen vegetables
1 tbsp stir fry oil
5 tbsp soy sauce
½ cup chicken broth
1 ½ tsp cornstarch
- Cut all the fat off of the meat and then cut it into long thin strips that are about 1 ½ inches long. As I stated above, when cutting the meat cut it across the grain so that it comes out tender and delicious!
- Put the beef strips in a container with a tight lid and add the marinade in the following steps.
- First add the meat tenderizer by sprinkling it sparsely so that it hits each piece of meat. Then sprinkle on the garlic salt in the same manner. Next add the soy sauce and stir.
- Add the egg white and gently stir to coat each piece making sure not to froth the egg. Then sprinkle on the cornstarch coating each piece.
- Finally add the ½ teaspoon of oil and stir to coat all of the meat. Let the meat marinate at room temperature for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the meat is marinating, microwave the frozen vegetables just until they are warm. The Birds Eye Steam Fresh vegetables work very well for this recipe. Just microwave them for a minute less than required on the instructions. Remember, we want the vegetables to maintain their color and a slight crispness in the final dish.
- Mix the cornstarch with the chicken broth and stir until the cornstarch is dissolved and set it aside.
- Once the meat has marinated and the vegetables are defrosted, heat 1 tablespoon of stir fry oil on high in a non stick pot or wok.
- Add the meat and stir fry for 4 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and the soy sauce and stir fry for another minute. Then add the chicken broth and cornstarch mixture and stir until thick.
- Makes 3 servings.