Take each of the following scenarios and make a story. Have fun!
1) You are a 7-year-old child and were kidnapped by the family who has been raising you as their child. Do you even realize that they are not your real parents? They took you when you were just 2. What they did has been discovered by the police. One day you are playing quietly in your room when the police break down the door and arrest the couple you know as your parents.
2) An Amish lady is traveling with her husband in a horse and buggy when a car pulls in front of them and blocks their progress. When the car stops, a couple of young guys with guns jump out and demand that the Amish couple give them any money or valuables they have. But the Amish couple has nothing. What happens when the thieves discover this?
3) Michaela is on vacation with her boyfriend. While traveling through a beautiful and remote part of the Rocky Mountains, an argument breaks out between them. Her boyfriend becomes so angry that he kicks her out of the car and tells her to find her own way back home. She doesn’t grab her cell phone before she is shoved out, so the only thing she has is her purse. She only has $10.00 to her name and it will be night soon. Its twilight and she can already hear the sounds of wild animals prowling around.
4) Dave and Melissa are give tickets to go someplace unusual and special for their honeymoon – the Hang Nga Guesthouse in Vietnam. Otherwise known as Vietnam’s “Crazy House”, this is a place they have always longed to go. On their first night there, the gentleman staying in the room next to them is brutally murdered and they know who did it. Do they know because they are involved? Or do they know because they saw the murderer? Could they possibly have been set up?
5) I could never forgive _______________ for ______________________. Now finish the story.
6) Write a story about your favorite color without actually naming the color.
7) Rewrite Little Red Riding Hood, but give it a modern day setting.
8) According to Greek legend, the Kallikantzaroi play wicked tricks at Christmas time. Write a story in which the Kallikantzaroi try to play a trick and foul up your Christmas.
9) One day you notice a mushroom growing in your yard. The next day you glance out your window and this mushroom is now huge, its domed cap ballooning out like a top over a patio table. Curious, you go out to take a closer look. When you get close to the mushroom, you notice little footprints all around. Where did the little footprints come from?