Since it’s made in the microwave, it’s very quick, but if a microwave isn’t available, the ingredients can be mixed in a saucepan and stirred over medium heat on top of the stove; the stovetop filling turns out the same, but just takes longer.
Makes about 2 1/2 cups filling, enough to fill two 8-9” cake layers or enough for a 9 x 13” cake
1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple, including juice
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Mix the crushed pineapple with juice, sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice in a microwaveable bowl.
- Stir until the cornstarch is completely dissolved.
- Microwave 3 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and stir.
- Return to the microwave and cook on high until boiling, 2-3 minutes, stirring every minute.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the filling.
- Let cool completely.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 28 Calories from Fat 0
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 1% Protein 2% Carb. 97%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 0 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0 mg
Total Carbohydrate 7 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 0 g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 5% Calcium 0% Iron 1%