This mango pork stir fry is both unique and delicious! Chicken may also be substituted for the pork if you choose. Feel free to experiment and let me know what you think in Bellaonline Chinese food forum. It’s free and very simple to join. Just sign up and you can begin posting your comments and your favorite Chinese recipes. Just click this link to register and then go to the Chinese food forum and let me know what you think! Enjoy!
¼ tsp salt
1 tbsp sherry
1 tbsp cornstarch
½ tbsp oil
3 ½ lbs lean pork
6 oz pkg frozen snow pea pods
15 oz can of sliced mango
2 tbsp peanut oil
1 ½ tbsp soy
½ tsp powdered ginger
2 tsp sugar
- Cut all of the fat off the pork and cut it into thin 1 ½ inch slices. Place these slices in a container with a tight fitting lid and apply the marinade in the following steps.
- First sprinkle on the salt. Then slowly stir in the sherry.
- Next sprinkle on the cornstarch making sure to coat each piece.
- Finally, add the oil, stir to coat each piece and cover. Let the meat marinate for about 30 minutes at room temperature.
- While the pork marinates, microwave the pea pods for about 3 minutes or just until warm.
- Open and drain the canned mango. If the slices of mango are quite large, cut them into smaller pieces, about 1 inch long and set them aside. If you are using a fresh mango, peel it first. Then cut it into one inch slices, keeping in mind that there is a large pit in the center.
- Once the meat has marinated, bring a pot of water plus one tablespoon of the peanut oil to boil.
- When the water boils slowly add the meat to the pot and cook it for just one minute. Then remove it with a slotted spoon, making sure to drain it thoroughly. Place the meat in a bowl or on a plate and set it aside. You may place the meat on a paper towel to soak up the remaining water.
- In a non stick pot or wok, heat the remaining tablespoon of peanut oil on high. Add the pork, peapods, soy, ginger and sugar and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the mango and stir fry for one more minute, then remove from heat and serve.
- Makes 3 generous servings