Busy Day Streusel Pear Pie is a delicious version of an impossible pie; it’s very possible, though, to be made by a busy cook on a busy day. It can be put together in a matter of minutes using Master Baking Mix and also Basic Oatmeal Cookie Mix which forms the crunchy streusel topping. Even though this pie is quick and easy, it’s attractive and definitely suitable for company. If there are ripe pears waiting to be used, this pie will show off those pears to advantage.
1/2 cup Master Baking Mix
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons softened butter
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
3 to 4 ripe pears, pared, cored, and sliced
2 cups Basic Oatmeal Cookie Mix
1/3 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a deep 9" pie plate with non-stick spray.
- Whisk together the Master Baking Mix, milk, sugar, softened butter, eggs, and nutmeg until fairly smooth - there will be specks of butter floating on the top. Alternately, place the ingredients in the food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into the prepared pie plate.
- Arrange the pears over the batter.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the topping: Toss the oatmeal cookie mix with the melted butter.
- After the pie has baked 20 minutes, sprinkle it on the pie and bake an additional 25-30 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 395 Calories from Fat 205
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 52% Protein 5% Carb. 43%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 23 g
Saturated Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 84 mg
Sodium 305 mg
Total Carbohydrate 43 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 9 g
Protein 5 g
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 4% Calcium 0% Iron 2%