While the dessert seems complicated, each layer is simple to make; some of the layers can even be made ahead. The final assembly is easy, and can be done in just a few minutes.
1 cup butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup cornstarch
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup heavy cream, whipped to stiff peaks
3 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
1/2 cup raspberry jelly, or raspberry jam forced through a fine strainer to remove seeds
2 tablespoons raspberry liqueur, or raspberry coffee syrup
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Crust: Mix the butter, powdered sugar, cornstarch, flour, and salt until well-combined.
- Press evenly onto a 12-14" pizza pan that has been lightly sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, make the Ganache: Place the semi-sweet chocolate and heavy cream in a microwaveable container; microwave 3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit 5 minutes; whisk until smooth and thickened.
- Leave at room temperature to cool or speed up the process by refrigerating, making sure it doesn't chill too much so it becomes difficult to spread.
- Cream Cheese Filling: Whip the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy; fold in the whipped cream.
- Assembly: Place the cooled shortbread crust on a large serving platter.
- Spread the cooled ganache (save 1/4 cup to drizzle over the finished dessert) over the crust, leaving about 1/2 inch of the crust showing.
- Spread the cream cheese filling over the ganache.
- Arrange the strawberries over the cream cheese filling decoratively.
- Microwave the jelly until warm; stir in the liqueur and spread it over the strawberries.
- Microwave the reserved ganache for 15-20 seconds or until it is drizzling consistency; using a fork, dip into the ganache and wave over the strawberries.
- Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 439 Calories from Fat 259
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 59% Protein 4% Carb. 37%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 29 g
Saturated Fat 18 g
Cholesterol 77 mg
Sodium 358 mg
Total Carbohydrate 40 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 4 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 20% Vitamin C 27% Calcium 0% Iron 5%