Over the years, McCartney has corroborated with Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, Elvis Costello as well as a taking a stab as a film director on Give my Regards to Broadway and composing the Liverpool Oratorio. He's also published a book of poetry.
The rift between the members of the Beatles was set aside 15 years after Lennon's death when they partnered to produce a Beatles documentary and the multi-platinum Anthology series of double albums. Picking up the pieces after his "lovely" Linda's passing in 1998, has continues to be highly visible on the Rock scene and likely will continue with the driving force he's maintained for nearly 40 years. At 60, he's still the cute "Beatle" with a talent unchallenged. Singer, song writer, composer and poet, Sir Paul.
Birth Name: James Paul McCartney
Born: June 18, 1942, 20 Forthlin Road, Allerton, Liverpool, England
Parents: Mary Patricia Mohin (Deceased 1956) and James "Jim" McCartney Step Mother: Angie McCartney
Siblings: Michael McCartney a.k.a. Mike McGear
Step-Sister: Ruth McCartney
Heather Mills – June 11, 2002
Linda Eastman – March 12, 1969 (Deceased: April 17, 1998)
• Heather (Step Daughter) (1963)
• Mary (1970)
• Stella (1972)
• James (1978)
Talents: Composer, Rock Musician, Guitarist, Writer
• 1966: Grammy: Song of the Year, Michelle; award shared with John Lennon
• 1966: Grammy: Best Contemporary (Rock and Roll) Solo Vocal Performance, Male or Female, Eleanor Rigby
• 1970: Grammy: Best Arrangement Accompanying Vocalist(s), Uncle Albert
• 1973: Grammy: Best Pop Vocal Performance by a Duo, Group or Chorus, Band on the Run
• 1977: Ivor Novello Award: bestselling single ever in UK, Mull of Kintyre
• 1982: BPI Award: Best British Male Artist, Outstanding British contribution to music, Tug of War
• 1996: Knighted by Queen Elizabeth II
• 1998: Inducted into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of the Beatles
• 1991: International Rock Award: Tour of the Year
• 1999: Inducted into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a solo artist
• 1970 - I've always wanted to buy a Beatles album like "people" do and be as surprised as they must be
• Beatle's Anthology - "The basic thing in my mind was that for all our success the beatles were always a great little band. Nothing more, Nothing less."
• "People will keep thinking about a Beatles reunion until we're dead. And THEN they'll probably hope for a reunion. They'll offer us $2 million to reunite with Elvis." --Rolling Stone, June 15, 1989
• 2001 On George Harrison's Passing - "I'll miss him dearly and I'll always love him - he's my baby brother."
• May 5, 2001 - Sadness isn't sadness it's happiness in a black jacket. Paul McCartney,
Don't wait get your own copy of the number one selling new release from the cute Beatle.