In the recipe below I use pre-cooked frozen, medium sized shrimp. The pre-cooked frozen shrimp are very easy to use and save lots of time in preparation. If you have the extra time, you may want to try using fresh shrimp. Simply use about 10 to 12 ounces of fresh shrimp, peel and devein them, and then stir fry them just until they turn pink. Then add them in as you would the pre-cooked shrimp. You may also want to try using either the small or large shrimp for variation in this dish. Enjoy!
8oz bag of frozen pre-cooked medium sized shrimp
12 oz bag of frozen peas and mushrooms
1 tbsp peanut oil
2 tbsp soy
½ cup hot chicken broth
2 tsp cornstarch
- Defrost the shrimp by soaking them in luke warm water for about 10 minutes. Then using a colander, drain them thoroughly and set them aside.
- Microwave the peas and mushrooms for about 4 minutes, or just until warm. The Birds eye steam fresh garlic peas and mushrooms work wonderful in this dish.
- In a large non stick pot or wok heat the oil on high. Add the shrimp and the peas and mushrooms, and stir fry for about 1 minute.
- Add the soy and sherry and stir fry for another minute.
- Add the chicken broth and bring everything to a boil. Mix the cornstarch with just a little water to dissolve. Once everything comes to a boil, add the cornstarch mixture and stir until thick.
- Serve as a side dish with white rice. Makes about 4 side servings.