2lbs of lean beef
½ tsp meat tenderizer
½ tsp salt
2 tbsp sherry
2 tbsp cornstarch
1½ tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp peanut oil
1 tsp jarred pre chopped garlic
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
1½ tbsp sesame seeds
2 tsp thick soy
- Remove all of the fat from the beef and cut it across the grain into thin 1½ inch slices.
- Place these slices of beef in a container and add the marinade in the following steps.
- First add the meat tenderizer and salt by sprinkling each of them sparsely while stirring so that they hit each piece of meat. Next add the sherry and stir thoroughly. Then sprinkle on the cornstarch coating each piece.
- Finally add the oil and stir to coat all of the meat. Let the meat marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- While the meat marinates, heat a non stick pan on high and add the sesame seeds without any oil. Toast them for about 1 minute, stirring constantly just until they brown. Then set them aside.
- Once the meat has marinated, bring a pot of water with the salt and 1 tablespoon of the peanut oil to boil.
- Once the water boils, add the meat and let it cook for just 1 minute. Then remove it with a slotted spoon and set it aside.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of peanut oil on high in a non stick pot or wok. Add the garlic and stir fry it for 1 minute or just until brown.
- Once the garlic browns, add the beef, both soys, sugar, sesame oil, and sesame seeds and stir fry for one more minute. Remove from heat and serve with white rice.
- Makes 2 generous servings.