The Specialty Travel Agents Association, for travel agents who focus on particular destinations or niche travel (including romantic vacations and honeymoons), recently released a list of their favorite destinations for visiting in 2008. Take a look:
1. Among the top cruise destinations this year, Alaska beckons with natural beauty and wildlife.
2. Argentina offers great value on the dollar. Visit the "Paris of South America," Buenos Aires, the country's romantic and sophisticated capital.
3. Australia appeals to adventurous honeymooners who have the time and money for a long vacation--I'd recommend exploring the vast country over at least two weeks.
4. Quebec City celebrates its 400th anniversary this year with a number of concerts (including a free one by Celine Dion), exhibits, festivals and more. With the rising euro, choosing a Quebec honeymoon is a way to experience a touch of France right here in North America.
5. In 2008, Beijing hosts the Summer Olympic Games. All eyes will be on China then, and the entire country is preparing to welcome millions of visitors with an improved infrastructure and upgraded facilities for tourists.
6. Paris, France is indeed wonderfully romantic. But this year marks the 150th anniversary of the appearance of the Virgin Mary to a peasant girl in Lourdes. For your France honeymoon, consider a visit to this wildly popular religious pilgrimage destination.
7. Hawaii is a perennially popular honeymoon destination. Sandy beaches, romantic sunsets, perfect island weather, numerous outdoor actvities... what else could you ask for!
8. Visit India to tour the Taj Mahal, and/or experience a safari or tiger-spotting expedition to see Bengal tigers, whose population is in a decline.
9. The U.S. Virgin Islands, comprised of the islands of St. Croix, St. John and St. Thomas, is a great choice for American honeymooners since you do not need a passport go visit these U.S. territories. If you're planning a last-minute trip, these tropical islands might be the ticket.
10. Believe it or not, Vietnam is fast becoming a premier golf destination. If you and your honey love to hit the links, consider this Southeast Asian country undergoing a huge surge in tourism. Affordable pricing and its tropical climate also make it extremely attractive as a honeymoon spot.