I love any reason to have chocolate in the morning. These chocolate muffins are the ultimate chocolate treat, filled with both semi-sweet and white chocolate chips. There have been studies indicating chocolate may improve your mood. If you want to start your day in a great mood, the obvious solution is these chocolate muffins. Muffins also make the perfect anytime snack. They are easy to grab and go.
This recipe makes 18 muffins. You may not want 18 muffins. Muffins are a great sweet to freeze once they are baked. Allow them to cool and then skip the glaze. You can freeze them for up to 2 months in a freezer bag. I usually like to individually wrap them first in plastic wrap, then place in a freezer safe container. Once the muffins are taken out and thawed they can be glazed. It is easy to pull one or two out any morning you need that extra mood enhancer.
Triple Chocolate Muffin Recipe
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tbsp. vanilla
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup coffee
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup white chocolate chips
Ingredients for Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsps. milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a muffin/cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
3. In a large mixing bowl add all the dry ingredients (except for both the chocolate chips).
4. Make a well and in the center and add all the wet ingredients.
5. Whisk until just combined.
6. Stir in both chips.
7. Fill each cupcake liner about 2/3 full.
8. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
9. Allow the muffins to cool.
10. In a bowl stir the powdered sugar and milk until combined and smooth.
11. Drizzle the glaze on the muffins.
Please note the last time I made these muffins I did not have milk, I only had half and half. I replaced the milk in this recipe with half and half and found them to be just as delicious. I always like to play around even when I do not have the exact ingredients. You never know what you will create until you try!
Enjoy and sweeten the soul with chocolate!