This recipe is creamy, fresh, and will make meat eaters ask for seconds.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 cups white mushrooms
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 1/2 cups light cream
- 1 Tbs tomato paste
- 3 cups whole baby carrots
- 3 cups sugar snap peas
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Mince the garlic. Slice the mushrooms and red onion.
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Add the carrots to the water, allow the water to begin boiling again, and cook at a simmer.
- Allow baby carrots to cook for approximately 6 to 8 minutes. Drain carrots and set aside.
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Add the sugar snap peas to the water, allow the water to begin boiling again, and cook at a simmer.
- Allow sugar snap peas to cook for approximately 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat 1 Tbs olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic to the skillet. Cook for approximately 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining olive oil, carrots, and sugar snap peas. Cook for 1 minute.
- In a bowl combine the cream and tomato paste.
- Pour the tomato-cream into the skillet and stir.
- Lower the heat and continue to cook, without boiling, until the sauce has thickened some.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and stir.
- Serve the cream sauce over fettuccine cooked al dente.