Sometimes, when you look around a room in your home and it can be any room, there seems to be something missing. Many times, a simple flower arrangement can bring the room together and give it the personality that is missing. Usually if I keep looking around one of the rooms in my home and feel that it is just not right, I will take a flower arrangement from another room to see if that is what is needed. It is the one thing that will make it look finished. That�s when I know that I need to get another flower arrangement.
There are many ways that you can use plastic or silk flowers around your home. I have at least one arrangement in each room and no more than two. Here are some unique ways to use silk or plastic flowers around the home.
1. Some kitchen cabinets do not go up to the ceiling. Some people tend to use the top as a shelf for kitchen gadgets or to display dishes. Instead, I purchased large silk flowers, about 5 inches in diameter each and the same color as the kitchen. I placed them at the top edge of the cabinets about twelve inches apart and filled in between each flower with green ferns. It really did bring some life into the kitchen.
2. If you have picture window or alcove, purchase a five foot or longer swag made with large flowers and place it over the middle of the window.
3. Use the top of a china closet or hutch to display flowers. The taller the ceilings, the taller the arrangement. You want the eye to go up to the ceiling. Use tall vases and place long bamboo sticks in them to reach the height that you need. If using a flower arrangement, place it on top of a decorative box to make it taller.
4. If you have vaulted ceilings, hang a large silk plant in a corner of the room. Make sure that it takes up at least three to four feet of space from the ceiling down.
5. Use six foot or higher trees in corners or behind furniture. Again, these can be placed on boxes (if hidden) or on end tables for a taller effect.
6. Use a four foot silk tree with flowers on an end table.
7. When using flower arrangements on dining tables, make a statement. Tall flower arrangements tend to be very elegant. Even just a tall vase with bamboo sticks in it is pretty to have on a dining table or end table.
The idea here is that when using flower arrangements, the fuller and taller the arrangement, the less you need to use and the prettier they look. A lot is not always better. Make a statement with just a few but make those few memorable.