I love pumpkin and cinnamon, almost as much as I love chocolate. I was recently at a restaurant and had the ideal autumn drink, a pumpkin martini. It was made with pumpkin vodka and it was delicious! I had never even heard of pumpkin vodka before. I knew I had to find a way to replicate it at home. In addition to the vodka I came across pumpkin liqueur. The pumpkin liqueur was equally delicious. I used the liqueur in coffee and hot cocoa.
These are the perfect drink recipes to enjoy this season. A chocolate, pumpkin martini makes a delicious signature drink for a party. The pumpkin and chocolate coffee drink can be served after dinner. It is just as decadent as a dessert. Or you can serve them to your guests on Thanksgiving.
Pumpkin Chocolate Martini Recipe
2 oz. Pumpkin Pie Vodka
1 oz. Chocolate Liqueur
Cinnamon and sugar for rim of glass
1. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a wide bowl.
2. Wet the rim of a martini glass and dip it in the mixture.
3. Combine the pumpkin pie vodka and chocolate liqueur in a shaker with ice.
4. Strain into the martini glass.
5. Serve with a side of ice.
Pumpkin Chocolate Coffee Recipe
1.5 oz. Pumpkin Liqueur (1.5 oz. is equal to 1 shot)
1.5 oz. Chocolate Liqueur
1 serving of brewed coffee
Cinnamon Whipped Cream (recipe below)
1. Add shots to a coffee mug.
2. Add coffee and stir.
2. Top with whipped cream.
Cinnamon Whipped Cream Recipe
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon of confectioner’s sugar
1. In a large mixing bowl beat cream, sugar, and cinnamon until stiff peaks form. Store the leftover cream in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Pumpkin Spiced Hot Chocolate Recipe
Prepare your favorite hot chocolate
1.5 oz. pumpkin liqueur
Cinnamon Whipped Cream
1. Dip the rim of a mug in the cinnamon and sugar.
2. Pour the hot chocolate into the mug.
3. Add the liqueur and stir.
4. Top with a dollop of cinnamon whipped cream.
Enjoy and sweeten the soul with chocolate!