Those lucky enough to own an automatic ice cream machine can make this delicious frozen concoction in 20-30 minutes. However, it can also be made by freezing the mixture in a shallow baking dish and beating it with a heavy-duty mixer. Both methods produce good results, so there’s no excuse to forego this guilt-free summer treat.
Since the limeade concentrate is frozen, it helps chill the mixture quickly. It will be surprising how fast this frozen yogurt goes together, and even more surprising how good it tastes.
16 1/2 cup Servings
4 cups fresh summer fruit, (peaches, nectarines, berries)
1 1/2 cups sugar
6 ounces frozen limeade concentrate, (1/2 of a 12 ounce can)
3 cups plain lowfat yogurt
- Cut the fruit in small pieces and toss with the sugar and limeade concentrate.
- Whisk in the yogurt.
- Ice Cream Machine Method: Pour half into each of two automatic ice cream makers or 1 large 2 quart ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer's directions.
- Freezer Method: Whisk ingredients together until well mixed and pour into a 9 x 13" glass dish.
- Cover tightly with several layers of plastic wrap and place in the freezer.
- When frozen, place in a mixing bowl and whip until light.
- Both Methods: Transfer the frozen mixture to an airtight container and freeze until serving time.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 149 Calories from Fat 14
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 9% Protein 4% Carb. 86%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 2 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 5 mg
Sodium 20 mg
Total Carbohydrate 32 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 19 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 5% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Purchase a Cuisinart Automatic Ice Cream Maker from Amazon
Purchase a KitchenAid KICA0WH Ice Cream Maker Attachment from Amazon