Perfect for picnics, these cookies travel and keep well. They’re also a good choice to add to your Christmas cookie table, and will hold up perfectly when mailing in care packages.
Save time by using a small scoop - that way the dough takes only a second to make into balls. Drizzling is easily done by dipping a fork in the chocolate mixture and waving it over the cookies. Alternately, transfer the topping to a decorating bag with a small plain tip and pipe it over. Either way, it takes only a minute or two to top all 8 dozen cookies.
8 dozen cookies
1 cup butter – don’t substitute here; the butter taste is very pronounced
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups oats
3 cups cornflakes, no need to crush; the mixer will do it when they're added to the dough
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 3 oz. package cream cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars; mix in the egg and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- Measure in the flour, soda, and salt.
- Turn the mixer to low speed and run until the mixture is well-blended.
- With the mixer running, add the oats, cornflakes, and coconut; mix well.
- Using a teaspoon-size scoop, scoop dough, then roll into balls; place on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Using a flat-bottomed glass, flatten each ball slightly, dipping the glass in flour if necessary.
- Bake 8 - 10 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
- Remove the cookies to cooling racks and cool thoroughly.
- Mix the chocolate chips, whipping cream, and cream cheese in a microwaveable container.
- Microwave 2 minutes, let sit 5 minutes, then whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle the topping over the cookies.
- Let the cookies sit at room temperature until the topping has set.
- Store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Cookie
Calories 73 Calories from Fat 34
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 47% Protein 5% Carb. 48%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 12 mg
Sodium 64 mg
Total Carbohydrate 9 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Purchase an Oxo Good Grips Cookie Scoop from Amazon