Homemade mixes are great timesavers, and Momís Brownie Mix is no exception. It can be put together in a matter of minutes, and kept on the cupboard shelf for several months. Although I cannot honestly put brownies in the category of ďhealthy foods,Ē this mix doesnít contain any preservatives like the store-bought versions. The mix can also be made with organic ingredients. You probably have the simple ingredients in the cupboard already, so itís likely that a trip to the grocery store wonít be necessary.
If you already have Momís Brownie Mix on your shelves, these brownies can be mixed in less than five minutes. The only other hands-on time needed is to grate the zucchini (a food processor saves time here, but even by hand zucchini takes very little time to grate), chop the nuts, and prepare the cream cheese frosting, if using. To save time, you can use a can of chocolate frosting or simply sprinkle the top of the brownies with powdered sugar.
Extra Moist Zucchini Brownies
4 cups Momís Brownie Mix
2 cups grated zucchini
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups chopped walnut(s)
2 cups cream cheese frosting, 1 16 ounce can chocolate frosting, or 1/4 cup powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350į.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13Ē baking dish.
- Mix the brownie mix, zucchini, eggs, vanilla, and walnuts.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven to a cooling rack; let cool thoroughly.
- Frost with canned chocolate frosting, cream cheese frosting, or simply sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 205 Calories from Fat 97
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 47% Protein 4% Carb. 48%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 11 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 27 mg
Sodium 118 mg
Total Carbohydrate 25 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 8 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 2% Calcium 0% Iron 1%