Make sure you grill plenty of vegetables; leftovers can be used to make yummy Grilled Vegetable Pizzas or Grilled Vegetable Panini. You can also drizzle them with your favorite Italian dressing for a delicious chilled salad.
Quick and Easy Grilled Vegetables
1 pound zucchini, cut on the diagonal into 1/2" slices
1 pound yellow summer squash, cut on the diagonal into 1/2" slices
2 red bell peppers, quartered and each quarter cut in half
1 large red onion, peeled and quartered
1/2 pound large fresh mushrooms, cut in half
1/4 cup vegetable oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat the grill to high heat, then turn down to medium.
- Place a grill rack on one side of the grill for the smaller vegetables.
- Mix all of the vegetables in a large bowl.
- Pour the oil over the vegetables in the bowl along with a generous sprinkling of salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Mix well.
- Lay the zucchini and yellow summer squash slices on the side of the grill without the grill rack; arrange the other vegetables on the grill rack.
- Turn the heat to low, shut the lid, and cook for about 5 minutes or until browned on the underside of the vegetables.
- Open the lid, turn the vegetables, adjusting the heat if necessary; close the lid and continue cooking until the vegetables are tender, about 5 more minutes.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 115 Calories from Fat 65
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 57% Protein 9% Carb. 34%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5 mg
Total Carbohydrate 10 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 27% Vitamin C 87% Calcium 0% Iron 6%