Flourless brownies are a dense, sinful indulgence. This recipe is extremely rich and decadent and best of all fairly easy to make. Being flourless also makes this recipe gluten free.
A gluten free diet has become extremely popular. Many bakeries and stores offer gluten free baked goods. A gluten free diet helps treat celiac disease. While others follow it simply because they believe it is a healthy diet. Those with celiac disease cannot tolerate Gluten. Gluten is a protein found in rye, wheat, and barley. Gluten consists of various flours, breads, and almost all baked goods. It can be a struggle to find gluten free treats. Since this recipe is made without flour it does not contain any gluten products. When baking and following a gluten free diet it is always important to read the labels. Some items to always avoid are the obvious flours, bran and rye. However, some surprising items to stay clear of include vinegar, pickles, some medications, and even some beauty products.
Flourless Brownie Recipe
1 1/2 sticks of butter (3/4 cup)
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
1. 5 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup cold water
1 tablespoon vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease an 8x8 baking pan.
3. Melt the butter in a double boiler.
You do not need to buy a double boiler. This is an easy process to do on your own at home. Double boiling is the process of heating water in a sauce pan or pot over low heat. Then place a slightly larger, heat proof mixing bowl or pot over the first pan. This allows fragile ingredients to melt without receiving heat directly and prevents burning.
4. As the butter begins to melt add the chocolate and sugar.
5. Stir constantly.
6. Once the chocolate and butter is melted remove it from heat.
7. Stir in the water and the vanilla.
8. Allow it to cool for 3-5 minutes.
9. Add the 4 eggs and whisk after each until just combined.
10. Add the baking soda and cocoa and whisk until mixed.
11. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
Enjoy and sweeten the soul with chocolate!