It’s easy to make a gummy worm ice floater, but if you don’t have time (overnight) to let it freeze, the punch is equally scary with frozen hands (fill non-latex, non-powdered plastic gloves with green juice or water and place on a baking sheet in the freezer) or just floating vampire teeth and/or eyeballs.
This punch is quick and easy to put together, and as a bonus contains 82% of the daily recommended vitamin C. Kids will never guess that it’s good for them!
Witch’s cauldrons are usually available at the end of September through October at most discount stores. Find them on the aisle with the Halloween costumes and props.
The Wicked Witch's Bat & Spider Potion
1 5 ounce (or thereabout) package gummy worms
2 cups sugar
2 cups water
2 packages unsweetened grape drink mix
1 12 oz. can frozen orange juice concentrate
1 46 ounce can apricot nectar
2 quarts cold water
Few Drops Black Paste Food Coloring (optional)
2 liters chilled lemon-lime soda
- Wormy Floater: Arrange the gummy worms in a bundt pan or other tube mold (that will fit in your punchbowl or cauldron) so that the worms are in different positions around the outside of the mold.
- Add about 1 inch of water and freeze for about an hour or until the worms are frozen in place.
- Fill the mold to the top and place in the freezer overnight.
- Mix the sugar and water in a microwaveable container; microwave 5 minutes, or until boiling.
- Remove from the microwave and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add the grape drink mix, orange juice concentrate, and one orange juice can water; let sit a few minutes to melt the frozen concentrate, then stir until dissolved.
- Stir in the apricot nectar, cold water, and black food coloring; chill until ready to serve.
- To serve: Place the wormy floater in the punch bowl; pour in the punch mixture and stir in the lemon-lime soda.
- Add other scary things to float such as eyeballs or vampire teeth. I also add a few additional gummy worms around the ice; the worms in the floater will begin to show when it begins to melt.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 178 Calories from Fat 1
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 0% Protein 2% Carb. 98%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 0 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 15 mg
Total Carbohydrate 43 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 19 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 82% Calcium 0% Iron 2%