Peppermint Stick Profiterole Dessert is perfect for a busy hostess, since the shells can be baked, filled with ice cream, and stored in the freezer up to a week ahead.
Once the choux puffs are baked, this dessert can be quickly put together at the last minute. To save time, sweetened real whipped cream comes in cans and eliminates the need to whip heavy cream. Remember though, canned whipped cream will deflate quickly, so squirt it on your profiteroles at the last possible minute. Please donít ruin your Christmas Profiteroles by topping them with frozen whipped topping, which is mostly a mix of high fructose corn syrup and preservatives Ė yuk! You and your guests deserve the real thing.
30 miniature choux shells
1 quart peppermint ice cream
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (use highest quality Ė not Nestles, if possible)
1 cup whipping cream
2 cups sweetened whipped cream
1/2 cup crushed candy canes
- With a serrated knife, slice the choux shells almost all the way through the middle.
- Soften the ice cream for a few minutes until it can be scooped easily.
- Scoop balls the size of the choux shells and place one inside each of the shells.
- Place the filled puffs on a baking sheet, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and place in the freezer. This can be done up to a week ahead.
- Place the chocolate chips and whipping cream in a microwaveable container; microwave on high 3 minutes. Let the mixture sit 5 minutes, then whisk until smooth and thick.
- To serve, place three small ice cream-filled puffs on each serving plate.
- Drizzle the puffs with the chocolate mixture, then top with whipped cream and crushed candy canes.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 492 Calories from Fat 324
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 66% Protein 5% Carb. 29%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 36 g
Saturated Fat 21 g
Cholesterol 179 mg
Sodium 254 mg
Total Carbohydrate 35 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 7 g
Vitamin A 14% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 3%