Beauty Fix is an interesting concept. Members sign up to receive a beauty product kit once per quarter. Within it are the best new products (in full size and deluxe samples) determined by a panel of "beauty industry experts" who tested and discussed the results with one another. They strongly impress that these are not paid endorsements.
The savings members receive for the opportunity to try these new products is considerable. The membership to Beauty Fix is $50 a quarter. On average the products total over $400 (for this month they were over $800). Before each quarter members can see a preview of what will be offered in the next quarter's kit. If they decide they are not interested in the products they can opt out. But even if you like only one or two items it is considerable savings. The rest can be pawned off to friends and family to try.
The Beauty Fix website has an online community where you can create a profile, make friends, show off your favourite beauty products, write reviews, share tips, watch product how-to videos and earn future savings on kits. It is currently functioning in a beta version that is trying to work out a few bugs.
The intro kit (No. 1) includes the following products:
* Amarte Aqua Veil Pure Hydration Serum (Full Size $142)
* Amarte Natural Wonder Cream (Full Size $90)
* Jane Iredale 24-Karat Gold Dust Powder (Full Size $12)*
* Kronos Phyx (Full Size $105)*
* M Lab Anti-Aging Treatment Cream (Full Size $260)*
* PCA pHaze 9 Purifying Mask (Full Size $56)
* Perricone MD Firming Neck Therapy (Full Size $95)*
* Redpoint NOC-Out Cover-up Compact (Full Size $38)*
* Sensa (15 day Trial $29.50)
I'm going to be trying all these products over the coming weeks and posting my thoughts on them on my plus size shopping blog. The starred ones are the ones I'm especially excited about trying.
Visit Beauty Fix to learn more their limited membership and featured beauty products.
Read my individual product reviews.