My official taste testers (kids, grandkids, and their assorted friends) all agreed that this was one of the best, albeit different, sandwich fillings they had ever tasted; it was devoured in just minutes. It’s very easy to make, has minimal (just five) ingredients, and will keep in the refrigerator for several days – that is, if it lasts that long. It can also be formed into a log or ball, garnished or rolled in parsley, and served with fresh baguette slices as an appetizer on a buffet table.
Turkey, Stuffing, & Bacon Sandwich Filling
6 Servings (about 1/3 cup each)
1 cup cooked turkey or chicken breast
1 cup prepared sage stuffing
1/4 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
- Place the turkey or chicken breast in the food processor and pulse a few times to chop it very fine (do not over process it into a paste).
- Alternately, chop by hand into very fine pieces.
- Transfer the turkey or chicken to a small bowl.
- Add the stuffing to the processor and pulse a few times to finely chop (or you can chop by hand).
- Transfer the chopped stuffing to the bowl with the turkey or chicken.
- Mix in the bacon.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and sour cream.
- Pour it over the turkey/stuffing/bacon mixture.
- Stir until well combined.
- Serve on crusty rolls or baguette slices.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 261 Calories from Fat 207
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 79% Protein 9% Carb. 12%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 23 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 26 mg
Sodium 344 mg
Total Carbohydrate 8 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 1 g
Protein 6 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 1%