These buttery, chewy cookies will be a welcome addition to your holiday table; in fact, they’ll probably become a family favorite to be served year round. Of course, you won’t need to pipe “Noel” if served at any time other than Christmas, which will save even more time.
These cookies keep 1-2 weeks in an airtight container at room temperature. They also freeze beautifully, and can be frozen several months ahead.
1/2 cup butter
2 cups brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
2/3 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups chopped pecans
Confectioner's sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- While the oven is heating, place the butter in a 9" x 13" baking pan and put it in the oven just long enough to melt the butter.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, beat the brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla until well blended.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix well.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Pour the batter over the melted butter and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until set and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
- Cool on a rack and cut into bars.
- If desired, pipe "Noel" on each cookie in red or green icing.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 124 Calories from Fat 74
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 60% Protein 5% Carb. 35%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 34 mg
Sodium 64 mg
Total Carbohydrate 11 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 3%