Since the only cooking is done in the microwave, this is a great recipe to make with the kids. In fact, older kids can even make it by themselves. It’s a great treat to take to a Christmas party, too.
If you want to make this into squares to wrap and include on gift trays, it can be made in a 7” x 11” dish (thicker) or a 9” x 11” rectangular pan (thinner).
Christmas Rocky Road Pizza
About 24 Servings
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups white baking chips, divided
2 cups salted peanuts
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1/3 cup green candied cherries, halved
1/3 cup red candied cherries, halved
- Butter a 12" pizza pan.
- Mix the chocolate chips and 1 cup of the white baking chips in a large microwaveable glass container.
- Microwave 3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir until the mixture is melted.
- If, after stirring, it isn't completely melted, microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring well after each, until melted.
- Stir in the peanuts and marshmallows; mix well.
- Spread evenly onto the prepared pizza pan.
- Place the white baking chips in a microwaveable container; microwave 30 seconds and stir well.
- If the chips are not melted, microwave 15 more seconds, then stir.
- Using a fork, drizzle the white chocolate over the surface of the pizza.
- Press the red and green cherry halves over all. Let set, then cut into wedges.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 293 Calories from Fat 133
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 45% Protein 6% Carb. 49%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 15 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 64 mg
Total Carbohydrate 36 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 5%