It takes only about 5 minutes to mix up the ingredients and 10 minutes to roll and shape them. They can be made several days ahead and refrigerated, or can be made at the last minute and set in the freezer for a few minutes before slicing and adding the tree trunks.
Mexican Christmas Tree Roll-ups
1 8 oz. package cream cheese
2 teaspoons Cholula Chili Lime Seasoning
1/4 cup salsa verde (tomatillo salsa)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese
1 4 oz. can chopped mild green chilies, drained
4 ounces bottled sweet marinated red peppers, diced
1 4 oz. can chopped ripe olives, drained
1 12 oz. can chicken breast, well-drained and shredded
6 spinach or other green 10 inch flour tortillas
1 6 oz. can pitted black olives, drained well and cut in half
- Place the cream cheese, Cholula seasoning, salsa verde, and shredded cheese in a microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave 1 minute; stir until melted and smooth.
- Stir in the chilies, red peppers, olives, and shredded chicken breast.
- Divide the mixture among the tortillas (about 3/4 cup on each) and spread it to the edges.
- Roll each tortilla up tightly, then press the roll into a triangle shape, pinching the corners.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm.
- If youíre in a hurry, place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes or until firm, but not frozen
- Cut the rolls into 1/2" thick slices, discarding (or eating) the ends.
- Using a toothpick, secure a black olive half on the bottom of each roll-up to form a trunk.
- Arrange the trees on a serving tray and serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until serving time.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 37 Calories from Fat 20
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 54% Protein 21% Carb. 25%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 2 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 7 mg
Sodium 80 mg
Total Carbohydrate 2 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 1%